The Do’s and Don’ts of Hot Water Installation for Home OwnersNovember 18, 2019
Taking either warm or hot shower has this soothing sensation that makes us relax amidst our busy days. Especially during the cold season, hot water is one of our basic needs before using the water for different purposes. Here in Australia, we always rely on hot water systems for us to regulate the water temperature.
Most of the time, we ask for plumbers to do the installation of hot water systems. However, there are times that we want to get our hands at work and learn how to do it by ourselves. So, if you are one of those people, you may want to prepare yourself for a long yet worthy process of plumbing works. For your guidance, here are the things that you must and must not do when installing your hot water system at home.
Do’s of Hot Water Installation
- Just like other household works, you must do the installation by using proper tools and wearing safety gear. This is complemented by a safe environment that is free from any harmful elements, preventing any work delays and accidents.
- Installation requires numerous steps before your hot water system can work. So, if you have any plumbing experience, you may have to dedicate at least half of your day to get the installation done. For those who don’t have any plumbing experience before, expect to work for more than half of your day.
- For your system to function well, you must check and test some external variables first. See to it that your home has soft water since hard water can be difficult to process. You must also look for contaminants since they can affect the quality of your hot water, as well as the life of your hot water system.
- Apply an insulating jacket for your hot water system and its pipes. This way, you would be able to contain all the heat in the hot water system only.
- Check the proper sizing for your hot water system. This way, you won’t have to deal with unnecessary returns and expenses if ever you bought the wrong one. Depending on the type of your system, some factors that you must check for the sizing are the following: flow rate, temperature rise, collector area, volume size, and first hour rating.
- Study the temperature and operation guidelines of your hot water system. This can help you orient all the people who will be using the system and lessen the need to repair it due to improper usage.
Don’ts of Hot Water Installation
- Do not skip maintenance. Most home owners tend to not check their hot water system after installation. Even if your system can produce your desired temperature of the water, it doesn’t mean that the system is working fine. You must regularly check all the components of the system to prolong its life to the fullest.
- Be considerate to others and learn everything that you need to know. From installation to repairs, you must know how to do around these things to avoid calling for help in the middle of your work with the hot water system. Take your time and don’t procrastinate. You will eventually get it.
- Avoid placing your hot water system near areas that are crowded with things. This will help you prevent any fire hazard that your household things may bring to the system. Keep everything away from the system at least 18 inches away.
If you want more tips and guides about installing your hot water system, Abundant Hot Water is more than happy to help you. We know all the types of hot water systems. We can also provide you installation services if you don’t want to install your hot water system on your own.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au